Friday, June 03, 2005

Bye Bye, Singapore

Hi all,
By this time, many of you would be aware of the fact that I got placed into the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. If you haven't, then I have seriously underestimated the connectivity of the Great Indian Grapevine. So for those who didn't know, well, refer above.

Now that I'm leaving Singapore, it really struck me that there are quite a few things left unsaid, some of which I hurriedly (and insufficiently) want to remedy now. To compress six years of companionship in a few lines is impossible, and quite embarrassing, to be honest. But some things are better said, at least for the sake of posterity, so here goes nothing.

Six years ago, I came to Singapore as a wide-eyed teenager, stepping outside Indian shores for the very first time, fearing for my future, and terribly homesick. During the course of the next few years, I have shaped into a human being that I can quite immodestly claim to be proud of. A large portion of this metamorphosis, rests largely on your shoulders. You have been a home away from home, and formed an integral part of an important chapter in my life. I have been inspired, entertained, educated and moved by our friendship, so, a big Thank You!

(I could go on, but I'll stop here, fearing for my greatly battered machismo.)

If you drop by Bangalore during your travels in the next coupla years, never fear, for there's a 'single tea' and a kindered soul waiting at the IIM Bangalore canteen.

Till then, goodbye and god bless!

Cheers,
Venkat

PS:
A couple of my earlier posts had people actually commenting on them! *clap clap*. Thanks folks. For those who need the mp3 of the title music of the Discovery of India, do drop me a line at agnimileATgmailDOTcom.

And yes, please do leave your comments, they make my day. And do remember to leave your name, especially if you don't have a blogger id and show up as Anon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Venkat,

Welcome (back?) to Bangalore. I hope you will continue to blog about your experiments with IIM-B. Well, good luck!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Venkat said...

Thanks abi!
Yep, you're right. It's a homecoming of sorts. After having spent nearly 10 years in Bangalore, before my sojourn to the Great Vilayat, it feels wonderful to be back.
But boy, has the place changed or what!
Cheers,
Venkat

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo!

You left OREDI!!!!! Sigh...makes me want to rant the cheezy line "mera number kab ayega!" =D Me wants the song (even though I dunno how it sounds like!).

6:45 PM  
Blogger Venkat said...

hey divya,
Aayega, aayega, Number aayega! In the meanwhile, paint the blogosphere red with your stuff!
Cheers,
Venkat

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home